31 March 2009

Goodbyes

Mer's friend Sasha (who has been living in Paris for the past 3 months) went back to the states on Monday, so we had a last hurrah lunch together.  We went to Ladurée on the Champs Elysées and had lunch and tea.  It was so fun and felt very french.  We did not have any macaroons because we were so full from lunch, but we really enjoyed our tea.  Then we visited the Arc de Triomphe and Grace and I took anchor wave pictures in front of it!  From there, we walked Sasha back to her apartment in the Marais, which is a very long walk.  We walked down the champs elysées, through the Tuileries, to the Palais Royal, and then all the way down rue de rivoli.  We stopped at Myberry, which is the french equivalent of Pink Berry, also known as really good frozen yogurt.  We grabbed some bread for dinner, and then went back to our apartment to eat.  We said goodbye to Sasha and wished her safe travels.
Grace met me at IES yesterday and we went up to Montmartre.  It was another wonderful sunny day and we enjoyed walking around.  I made her eat a cheese crepe because it is the closest thing to a quesadilla that Grace is going to get until she gets back to the states.  From there we went back down to the Latin quarter and window shopped for the rest of the afternoon.  Today, we met in the jardin de luxembourg and sat in the sun.  We walked to the Pantheon and then to the jardin des plantes, then to the park on the Seine.  The sun was out, but the wind was cold, so it was good weather for walking.  I packed her up and sent her to the airport, but I won't miss her because I will see her in Lisbon in 3 days!  

I love having friends come to visit!  It is so nice to show people Paris, especially when the sun is out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment